Tuesday, February 10

Mom's Tuesday Tips


What are your mommy tips? 

tip: (noun) a useful hint or idea; a basic, practical fact

money saving, time saving, family bonding... whatever you have found to be a blessing as a mom & want to pass along to others. I invite you to share...

Here are my tips for the week.... 
  • I talked to my Kroger meat man the other day while I was grocery shopping & asked him when they put their meats on sale. I don't know about you but I LOVE seeing that yellow & orange "Manager's Special" sticker! He said they mark their meats down EVERY morning b/c the "Manager Specials" have to be sold that day or tossed. They mark down as early as possible so they have all day to sell. So for the best meat prices & selection @ Kroger go early. That's for Kroger... I'm sure whatever store you shop at has some sort of system in place... becoming familiar with it may save you $$. 
  • Indoor fun for the kiddos... Mckmama posted a great blog about indoor fun. Check it out here. In addition to what she posted some of the other good suggestions in the comments I read were fort making, play-dough, color pictures to send to grandma, baking, read books, puzzles, body tracing on large sheets of butcher paper & then decorating, indoor skating on paper plates, put on skits, make roads out of masking tape all over the house & play w/ hot-wheels, make collages out of magazine pictures & playing games together on the computer. My ideas were: watching movies together, boards games, Hide & Seek and blasting the music while dancing around the house together. 
  • Valentines Day is Saturday. I love Valentines Day... especially helping the kids make their valentines for their classmates (this weeks indoor fun :)...) I will also make it a point to remind the kids what love really is. That is my final tip for you this week. Share with your kids what real love is... 
Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated w/ pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its on rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it (it pays no attention to suffered wrong). 

It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. 

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything (without weakening). 

Love never fails! (never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end) 

(1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Amplified Version ) 

We can teach our kids to walk in love, reminding them that we all make mistakes... but helping them realize that the world would be such a better place if we all strived for this love walk? We can only do our part... our love walk is important, but the awesome thing for our kids to realize is that God is Love (1 John 4:8) I'm going to make sure my kids are reminded this Valentines Day that as much as I love them there is a Daddy in Heaven who absolutely adores them & loves them like no one else ever could!

PS- I've had a few dad's visit my blog lately. I hope you can forgive me for not including you in the title of this blog carnival. I must admit "Mom & Dad's Tuesday Tips" just doesn't sound as catchy :) However, I welcome you to join in if you'd wish! 

2 comments:

  1. My kids love to draw, and my youngest is impulsively drawn (pardon the pun) to a dizzying array of mediums... walls, books, tables, countertops, etc, etc, etc.

    We only allow her to draw on paper, but we found a great alternative -- Window Markers. She can spend hours drawing all over the living room window, and the boys often take part in this activity too. Sometimes, the entire family grabs a marker, and we each contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my "Mom's Tuesday Tip."

    http://amanda-ritter.blogspot.com/2009/02/moms-tuesday-tips.html

    ReplyDelete