Tuesday, July 20

our stories

This morning I met up with my favorite mother of 5. She home-schools her children and she helped me get my home-schooling paperwork together to send to the county. I'll be home-schooling Madison this year! (much more on that soon) I'm very excited & can't wait to blog more about it.

Then my very sweet neighbor had us over for lunch. Having good neighbors is so wonderful. I love my neighbor... & not just because she feeds me... often. I love her sweet spirit & her generous heart. Our girls had a painting party while we sat and chatted. She shared some of her story with me. I think I have a tendency to ask way too many questions. I hope I didn't pry too much. I just love learning about people. I love to hear their stories. Do you know what I mean by that? We are all so different & we all have a  story. I love to find out about people's past... I love hearing stories of others journeys and what has brought them to today. Our past is what makes us who we are & I love hearing about that. We all have a story to share, don't we? It's taking the time to talk, listen and hear all about it that is special. Those times are precious to me. I love moments like today.

We chatted while our kids painted everything but the paper. She was so sweet about it too... "oh., let them be kids". So we did. Then we cleaned up later. They had fun, we had fun. It was nice.

Speaking of stories... I finally finished "My Love Story" post. Since this story is such a huge part of who I am I decided to create a little tab just for it at the top of my blog. Of course my love story is an on going journey, but for now... @ least the post is complete. Enjoy!

---

Maddy update...

We FINALLY got word yesterday that everyone is happy & healthy. They painted a new church and have been involved in a lot of children's ministry. I checked weather.com & it has rained a bit in the part of Mexico that they are in. They are camping & I wonder how my little diva is holding up... in a tent.... in the rain. I'm sure she is fine. I pray that she is so much consumed with the experience that all of the inconveniences are second thought.

Today was their last day of ministry. Now they get to celebrate & have a little fun. I know the beach & a water park will be involved. Have fun Maddy-Poo... you deserve it!

(Maddy on the left. Photo courtesy of Global Expeditions FB page) 

I see this picture & it makes me want to hug that sweet neck of hers. Saturday... come quick please.

6 comments:

  1. I love your little family. I know we don't spend a lot of time together but every time you post i feel such a kindred spirit with you.

    Such an exciting decision to homeschool Madison. I too have lots of connections and can be a good resource of feedback for you. I was homeshcooled and so was David. I also have several close friends that are currently homeschooling that might be able to give you some pointers.

    So proud of Madison. Can't wait to hear all her wonderful stories when she comes back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, maddy! :)

    i love talking and learning about people but some people dont like to open up too much which i find it weird..maybe coz i open up TOO MUCH so i expect the same from them but yes, everyone is different and i'm glad that you had a good time talking with your neighbour. i want one of her in my neighbourhood. :)

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one who always wants to know each person's "story". As soon as I discover a new blog, the first thing I look for is if they have a post on "their story". When I see people on the street or anywhere, the first thing I think is "I wonder what their story is?". Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Hope your week isn't too long waiting for your daughter to come back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my world , girly! LOL! So nice to have one more home schooling mama in the bunch. I am planning sweet girl and big boy's school year as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's doing awesome work, bless her heart. :)

    Off to check out your love story now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being so open about who you are and your life thus far! I always check the "About" page when I find a new blog and I'm a touch disappointed when it's brief... ;)
    Thanks for stopping by my WW. I pray your sweet girl comes home to you safely!

    ReplyDelete