Everyone knows that fish is really really good for you.
Unfortunately noone in our house really likes fish that much. (actually the more we've eaten it the more it's growing on us.)
I like to add lots of flavor to take away the fishy taste.
This is by far my favorite fish dish so far.
-1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I've used walnuts, pine nuts & almonds... cashews, peanut & pistachios would be good too I'm sure.)
-1/3 cup bread crumbs
-1/3 cup parmesan
-1 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1/8 tsp. pepper
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-1 1/2 pounds of fish fillets (I've used fresh Mahi Mahi, Talopia & catfish)
-2 tbsp. dijon mustard
-2 cloves minced garlic
1) preheat oven to 425
2) cut fish fillet into small portion sizes (or large if you want. I like small because you get more breading on each piece)
3) combine nuts, bread crumbs, parmesan, rosemary, salt, pepper & olive oil in a medium sized bowl
4) mix dijon mustard & garlic in a small bowl & then brush on the tops & sides of the fillets.
5) cover baking sheet with foil & spray with cooking spray.
6) dip coated fillets in the nut mixture. Place fillets on baking sheet & then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture on top to make it even thicker.
7) place fillets on greased foil & bake for 15 minutes
The oldest babe loves this recipe but the younger 2 don't. I think it's the mustard... so I always cut a few fillets in strips, dip in meted butter & nut mixture. Then fry in EVO oil.
(homemade fish sticks)
They love it!
I've linked this recipe to...