Tuesday, June 16

Rolling & Recipes


Last Saturday Stephen & Madison went to King's Dominion so Olivia, Reece & I went to the skating rink with Ashley & her 2 girls... 


We had SO much fun. It was the girls first time going to the rink & they did a great job. Ashley & I are old pros. I remember the good ol' days (I say that like I'm 67 or something) when I used to go roller skating every Friday night. Oh man, that was the place to be. 

Anyway... I seriously had way too much fun (I've got a monster blister to prove it too!) As a matter of fact we had so much fun that we're in the midst of planning an 80's skate night with the BFFs. (Bffs if you are reading this... be expecting an Evite very soon! Carmen you can be our cheer leader!) I can't wait... 

Olivia managed to give "Mr. Roller Skating Teddy Bear" a hug...


This was major! She has had a horrible fear of big headed characters like this ever since she was very little. ("hiding under the table, violently shaking, don't even think about coming a step closer or I'll pass out" kind of fear) Even though we've told her that they aren't real the closest she has gotten to one of these things was when we went to Disney about 4 years ago or so... Tigger bounced & carried on with her for about 10 minutes (as she held the death grip around Stephen's neck) until she finally gave him a very brief high five. We've prayed that she'd get over this fear & it seems as if she has! Thank you Jesus!

She also won the sock race (they must have not seen her sneaky corner cut... lol)...


After skating Ashley's husband came over...


By that time Stephen & Madison were home. I cooked this parmesan crusted chicken w/ white cream sauce recipe. I made parmesan/pine nut couscous instead of rice though (right out of the box baby!).

I also made the asparagus, but I cooked it my own way...
  • Preheat oven to 400
  • wash the asparagus & cut the ends off a little   
  • Melt about 3/4 a stick of butter in a sauce pan on medium heat, mix in 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic
  • drizzle garlic butter over a handful of asparagus & then roll the asparagus in the mixture so it gets nicely coated
  • sprinkle a bit of salt on top 
  • cook on a baking sheet in the center of oven for 20 minutes
The tips got a bit crunchy... it was so yummy! 


OK, this wasn't really MY asparagus. It's actually a random pic I found online. I  didn't take a picture of mine... so we'll just pretend, shall we? 

These, however, are my pictures. Enjoy... 









& yes, this is me on the floor with the stroller. Good times I tell ya! 

1 comment: