Sunday, June 14

Mud Buds & Beach Buds

One of my Bffs Ashley (have you noticed that all of my buds are my Bffs?!) spear headed a softball initiative at our church. So for the entire summer there will be ladies softball on Saturday mornings. She did an excellent job promoting it & recruiting for it. She really took the bull by the horns... kinda like she ropes the bull by the horn in this video...

(This video was taken back in March when the ladies fellowship at our church did a Hallelujah Hoe-Down. I think she looks like the Marlboro Man in her "get up"... a much prettier version, of course! Anyway, I love this video of her. She had more fun than anyone did at the event roping that metal bull!) 

I won't be able to play ball every Saturday, but I did play last Saturday. Olivia & a few other kids played at the playground while we played ball. It was when we were getting ready to go that I noticed this....

I asked her what in the heck happened & her response was "Me & Tatum got into a mud fight". 

Tatum is Ashley's little girl... 

I stripped her down & we headed straight home to the bathtub. I didn't get too mad because I knew if Ashley & I had known each other 20 some years ago it would have been the 2 of us in the mud fight instead! 

These days I'll settle for sand... instead of mud that is... just not throwing it at each other, of course....

Love you Ash!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment