Saturday, January 23

2010 Photo Journal- Weeks 1-3

back to blogging :) YAY. The past 3 weeks have been great. We have some exciting stuff coming up this year... but I'm sure I'll be blogging about that soon. For now I have LOTS of pictures to share.

Inspired by this I decided to join the Project 365 challenge. 1 photo a day everyday for 365 days. Fun huh? One of my goals this year is to become a better photographer. Practice makes perfect, right?

Inspired by this I decided to do the challenge with my friend in Florida. I miss her so much. We thought this would be a great way to stay connected. We've been sharing our photos through email & I do feel closer to her. It's nice pretending we don't have about 1,000 miles between us.

I'll share my photos daily (or as daily as possible) on my Flickr stream & she is sharing hers daily on her Facebook page. I'll post ours together here weekly.

Meet Drea:


"I'm a pretty busy person. I'm married and have two great kids, both are boys. So I've got my hands full there. I live about 10 minutes from the beach in south Florida and LOVE IT!! The flip side to that is I'm so busy with work and school that I rarely get to go. But that will change soon when I graduate. I was a real estate appraiser for 6 years and one day realized that I belonged in nursing. God put some great opportunities together for me and I haven't hesitated for a second.



I love my life, my family and my friends. I also love Jesus. He saved my life. I've been through a lot of horrible stuff that could have ended things for me, but instead of letting go I called on Jesus. He is my rock, my strength, my Lord and my very best friend. I can't even describe how He has changed my life."


Here's what we've been up to the last 3 weeks....

week 1

day 1
me in va


wii boxing
I didn't actually decide to start until the 2nd, but thankfully I did get this on Maddy's new point & shoot. One of her teachers had us over for dinner on New Years Day. Stephen packed up the Wii. Mr. Green kept saying... "this is stupid, completely pointless. why do people even waste their time paying this." We could tell he was loving it though.

drea in fl


Exploring new oceans


taken to remind myself that in order to explore new oceans I can't look back at the shore."

day 2
me in va


yoda, reece/ reece, yoda
nice to meet you
we were at Target

drea in fl


There once was a crab


Taken because I'm learning about manual aperture and shutter speed settings.

day 3
me in va


cheapest diffuser ever
1st thing on my "things to buy for camera" list... an external flash. This thing is a beast.

drea in fl


Holding on to innocence


Taken because he rarely sits still long enough to get precious shots like this.

day 4
me in va


prepping
for my new wall collage. pic of the wall on day 12.

drea in fl


Laundry, oh Laundry!


Taken because it was a laundry day....a major laundry day.

day 5
me in va


sending a surprise
I popped a "just because I love & miss you bunches" present in the mail to Drea

drea in fl


Heavy load of anticipation


Taken because it's the beginning of a new year and I was thinking about everything I needed to accomplish.

day 6
me in va


YAM planning

drea in fl


Cold cold condensation
Taken because it was very cold outside and Ethan and I spent the day cooped up in the house.

day 7
me in va


vintage lovelies
out thrifting with mom

drea in fl


Epic battle


Taken because Mitchell and I are constantly battling over rights to my desk chair (a.k.a. my throne).

week 2

day 8
me in va


El Salvador Interest
YAM Interest Meeting for 2010 El Salvador missions trip

drea in fl


Matters of the heart


Taken because I have started the cardiac segment of Adult II nursing. I love the cardiac system. It is my favorite, and this is the continuation of a passion.

day 9
me in va


free blanket rides

drea in fl


The home stretch


Taken after my first clinical day of Adult II, my last semester of nursing school.

day 10
me in va


milk goggles

drea in fl


Young warrior


Taken because Owen's name means "young warrior" and that's exactly what he is.

day 11
me in va


back to it
back to the snooze button, rush hour traffic, flash-card making, all the time studying, pre-requ fun.....
leaving the parking deck
drea in fl


Special delivery


Taken because Ethan looked so cute in that little box and I'm loving how to edit with photoshop elements.

day 12
me in va


the eclectic wall
my latest home project... finito

drea in fl


Constructing adventure


Taken because Owen absolutely loves his legos. Especially building "Star Wars" space ships. This is my first experiment with shooting a close shot with a wide angle setting.

day 13
me in va


dissatisfied
she was not diggin' dinner

drea in fl


Good morning Lord


Taken because He blessed me with this beautiful sunrise this morning and because He is so good.

day 14
me in va


you don't scare me mr. lion
I saw him when I was out & about on this day. actually he was at the end of a driveway. there were cars in the driveway too... i bet they are still wondering who the weird girl was taking pictures of their stone lion out in front of their house.

drea in fl


Dat's my hat


Taken because Ethan refuses to get rid of this crumpled up party hat from New Year's eve and it's just too cute.

week 3

day 15
me in va


peekaboo sunshine
on the way to class... I pulled over on the interstate to get it.

drea in fl


Little iron chef
Taken because Ethan always wants to "help" cook dinner, and this was how he chose to help tonight. LOL

day 16
me in va


fun with shutter speed
maddy was such a good sport. I dare to say she even enjoyed this shoot. I just love my little lady!

drea in fl


Best brothers
Taken at Lakes Park while these two had a ball on the giant inflatable slide.

day 17
me in va


untitled
Olivia's little bud spent the night. this was taken before church.

drea in fl


Deep in thought


Taken because Ethan looked like he was trying to solve a college calculus problem.

day 18
me in va


big, just like mama

drea in fl


The escape route
Taken to fulfill a deal..."I'll buy tickets for you to play on the slide, if you promise to cooperate for some picture taking". LOL

day 19
me in va


bubbly babe

drea in fl


Alphabetology


Taken because I was using this puzzle to teach Ethan the alphabet. Hence, the title. Meaning, the study of alphabet.

day 20
me in va


a puppy & a pigtail
my girlfriend's daughter.

drea in fl


The shadow of your wings


Taken because this reminded me that no matter the circumstance, I am safe under the shadow of God's wings.

day 21


me in va


bath-time reflections

drea in fl



Come rest here


Taken because Americans need to be seeking after God, not just expecting to receive from Him.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I love all the photos!! I so want to join the 365 challenge, but I don't take photos every day... but in batches at a time. It's fun looking through others' photos, too, especially if they're as fun and awesome as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Loved looking through your photos as well as your friends.

    I JUST said to Honeysuckle today that I need to MAKE a point in using my camera once a day and now I see this! It's inspiring!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the sweet comments!

    Mandie... YOU SHOULD JOIN IN. It's been so much fun. It's NOT too late. I would love another 365 bud on flickr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love this post. We have a picture wall collage too. Only ours is a creamy butter colored wall with pics of the family in black matted frames. Again I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow kasie you and drea are both very talented! this is an amazing mix of picutres. very artistic and inspirational i loved it! i missed your blogging :)

    ~amanda taylor

    ReplyDelete