Wednesday, September 15

romance and a noisy shower

I am in love with Jane Erye. 

I am only taking 2 classes this semester... one of them being Women in Literature. 

This is how I met Jane Erye. 

I was actually supposed to read the book. I watched the movie instead. I know... completely unethical & wrong on so many levels. I should be ashamed of myself. I comfort myself with the fact that one day when life is not so crazy busy I will most definitely take the time to read the actual novel instead of just veg out and watch the extremely long movie... which is what I did for most of the day. 

I did that, gave Madison a spelling quiz (then she retreated to her room & finished the rest of the days work on her own), and I took a shower... while the kids cooked dinner. 

I knew I was taking my chances with that last one. When I came downstairs the oldest babe had the middle babe locked in the closet. The youngest babe had made a mess most of the english muffin pizzas. Screams & banging were heard for most of the duration of my shower. 

My husband is supposed to be home from a 3 day business trip in about an hour. My goal was to have the house sparkly for him when he got home. But instead... I blog and fantasize about Jane & Edward's romance. 

ahh. 

and I'm ok with that... 

life goes on just the same. 

14 comments:

  1. Lol! I tell the kids not to bother me unless there is blood, and sometimes my house is sparkling when hubby arrives home from and business trip, and sometimes it isn't. I should remember to start telling him that I'm just keeping it real :o). I have yet to read Jane Eyre. Perhaps I should just watch the movie too.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched the movie & it's been AGES since I last read the book. I should try to read it again one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kasie,
    I have a BA in English/Mass Communications. I love literature! Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors...such wonderful romance (Pride and Predjudice...Sense and Sensibility etc)..you may like her novels and some of her books have been turned into movies. In regards to Jane Eyre...I, too have seen that movie...it is good. As for the noisy shower...I can relate...too funny! Hallelujah! God Bless!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's ok to be a busy mom sometimes:) and English muffin pizzas sound SO yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good book.... or movie at least? I'm going to add that to my library list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the day will come when you will be able to read the novel, it will be worth your time. But I do understand how other more pressing things may command your time at the present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, life does go on. I'm glad you know that instead of stressing out. :)

    My daughter is reading Pride and Prejudice. I read it a long time ago, but might read it again along with her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! But do you see it? The romance in your own story. Well, maybe romance isn't the right word. Endearing? Yes, what you shared is endearing. That you were engaged in a GOOD movie. That your child can work independently on school assignments. That your house is filled with little ones. That your thoughtfulness extended to your hubby and wanting to make your home nice for his return. All of this is endearing. It's a season that will pass WAY too quickly. I loved this post. And I believe the day (the season) will come when you'll find those quiet moments to curl up with the book.
    Blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol - so funny! i'm sure your husband didn't notice the mess :p

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  10. An award for you... http://sofiasideas.com/2010/11/04/you-shouldnt-have/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kasie,
    Just wanted to let you know that I am deleting my blog. I pray Olivia had a wonderful birthday! God Bless! Talk to you soon!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Its been awhile... hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That was a cute and lovely post. Loved your blog. Keep blogging and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. esa película es una de las más románticas del género. la versión actual la omentaré
    http://patricelowcost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete